Monday 26 May 2014

Eeny Meeny (22/05/2014)





I received Eeny Meeny from Goodreads as an ARC. I have to say firstly, that I loved this book so much. I loved the short, to the point chapters, which made me go, “I’ll just read one more.” Then an hour later I would still be going. This book is crime based fiction, and I had forgotten how much I like reading this type of story. Unlike other crime fictions that I have read in the past, I didn’t guess how the story would end, which is pretty amazing as I normally guess plot lines pretty early in books. This book had my thinking and second guessing right up to the end.

I was completely hooked on the premise of the story, seemingly random pairs of people, kidnapped and trapped in a situation where it is literally kill or be killed. The chapters based on these characters give you such a dark look at how dehydration and starvation can warp the minds of the average person. This book seemed to be based more on the characters and their feelings than going into, as is often the case in crime fiction, excruciating detail about the inner workings of detective work. This book, in my opinion had the right balance, there was enough detail so I knew it seemed realistic but not so much that I was getting lost and losing the pace of the story.

I would strongly recommend this book, it is written so well, and I never got lost with what was happening or thinking this is unrealistic. It is just an honest, good read that will give you some moments of “What the …!”

No comments:

Post a Comment