Monday 26 May 2014

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (14/02/2014)





So I managed to read this super quick so I am now well ahead on my personal challenge. Being able to read on the bus on my kindle has greatly increased my reading hours in the week even when I’m at Uni. Once again my emotions feel battered after reading this installment of the Harry Potter series. It seems no matter how many times I read this series, and how prepared I am for the plot elements, I crumble in the same places every time. I actually think my emotions crumble more now than they did first time reading them, as my mind jumps to elements of the story I know will happen later. Conversations have more meaning, especially in characters I know won’t make it. I also seem to pick up on more subtle elements that escaped me when I read them through all those years ago.

I just feel so happy that I was able to be part of the reading legacy that is Harry Potter, I can only hope if I ever have children in the future that another author enriches children’s reading in the same way. I do so miss being able to excitedly wait for the next book, the thrill of cover releases and pre-ordering a book!

...... Simple pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment