Monday 26 May 2014

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (03/02/2014)





Just finished the fifth book for this year and I am well on for my target. With regards to this book as it has been a while since I last read the series as a whole I almost forgot how funny some of the characters are, in the book, compared to the films.

I have definitely missed the depth of charters and the bond you build with them. And actually some of the imagery, now that I am older and have seen more gruesome films, seems actually very vivid.

For instance at the Quidditch world cup, when the Death Eater riot takes place, as a young child this part didn’t bother me. The muggles being floated in the air, whilst not nice had had an almost playful imagining in my head. Whereas this time through I found it rather disturbing. I think it just goes to show that as children we don’t process imagery the same way and I have enjoyed having my own experience of the book change.

At around half way through the book I completely remembered why I love these books soo much and why I was always so disappointed with the films. The films, in my opinion, completely lack the humour expressed in the books. I literally was laughing out loud on the bus whilst reading. The film cut out so many characters that half of the jokes become irrelevant or make no sense.

Overall I have thoroughly enjoyed this re-read I think leaving it a couple of years has been great as I am re-discovering the joy I experienced the first time round.

No comments:

Post a Comment