Monday 26 May 2014

Days of Blood and Starlight (07/03/2014)





After reading the first instalment in this series I was glad I already had this book at hand to carry on with straight away. I loved that it carried on without too much back tracking on the previous book. I like to just get going when the book is part of a series or trilogy. And again I enjoyed the style of writing and flow of the story. It was so easy to get caught up in and before I knew it I had read the book in two days.

This book has wholeheartedly lost the majority of the lightness and it delivers you right onto the front line, but thankfully Zuzana is still there to bring out some humour which provides a small but welcome relief from the seriousness of the part of the tale. But overall you feel the weight of this book (not literally, although it is pretty hefty) and I appreciate how much more difficult it is for a writer to portray such depth of conflict and war, it is much easier to make this happy and shining.

I will definitely be waiting patiently for the next book. Whilst I thoroughly enjoyed this book and it definitely progressed to being a riveting read towards the end. I did feel it was more of a set up to the next book. This is just my personal opinion and I find this with many second books when they are part of a trilogy. It is the next book I look forward to as it will round off the story and I am keen to find out what becomes of all the characters.

As an additional thought, I found it really difficult to go back to a paper book after reading so many on my kindle. There is no reason I should get so annoyed at the fact I found it difficult to read and drink my coffee at the same time. Or that I had to resort to using a tiny book light that kept slipping as my partner want the light out before I had finished reading.... I was worried it would slow my reading down, but if anything I believe it made me hurry up, so I could go back to my Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment