Monday 26 May 2014

Daughter of Smoke and Bone (06/03/2014)





Well, this was a book I had been considering reading for a while. I didn’t read any review before hand and didn’t really know what the story was about. I read the blurb a long time ago and just knew it sounded like my type of book. And it did not disappoint.

This was a very easy to read book, I like the small chapter length, it felt like you were progressing very quickly. Which as it happens I was! I found the author descriptive enough whilst not getting bogged down in describing every little detail of the surroundings. There is a time and a place for fully inclusive descriptions. I won’t call this book lacking in description, it has plenty, but by keeping it simple it allowed me to imagine things the way I wanted to. It felt like I was being guided through my own imagination rather than immersed into someone else’s.

I am particular fond of the character of Zuzana, I think she is very funny, I am guessing this would be classed as a young adult book as nothing gets overly explicit and I can see how Zuzana’s character would lighten the book for younger readers. Me, personally, I just like that she is small and feisty!

Overall a gratifying read and I will definitely be continuing with this series as I was lucky enough to win the second book so I am currently starting on that so that I can give it a review for Goodreads. It is odd though going from an e-book back to a paperback. So I am unsure what this will do to my current pace of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment