Monday 26 May 2014

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (11/02/2014)





So I finished the fifth installment of the Harry Potter saga once again, late last night. I have to say even though I knew what was coming the emotional conclusion still gets to me every time. Probably even more so now that I know what happens over the whole story arc, then it did reading it the first time. I will once again reiterate that growing up almost parallel to Harry’s age when these books were first released, gave me an understanding of these books that I think gets slightly lost on people who read these books for the first time when they are older. I think it’s hard to remember what it is like to be a teenager who whole heartedly believes everyone and everything is against them, in Harry’s case this is often very literal. I have read a lot of reviews were people have moaned that Harry is whiny and overly aggressive etc. etc. I remember being 15 and find Harry’s attitude to be very accurate (I also am the oldest of six siblings and when the older ones have reached the mid-teens they have also acted exactly as Harry did in the book). Or they have chosen to focus on underlying themes, I personally read a book and take it at face value.

I do not search for hidden messages, I just enjoy the ride. And once again I have enjoyed this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment