Monday 26 May 2014

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (17/02/2014)





So once again I have found myself at what seems to be the end of an era. This last book in the series always seems to be the point I aim for, to relive some of my favourite parts, but also one of the books which destroys me emotionally along the way. It never has the same impact that it had the first read through, but I don’t suppose a book will ever have so much expectation resting upon it from me. I had grown up and journeyed with these characters, which seemed to make their loses, my loses. Their triumphs, my triumphs.

I salute Rowling, and thank her for making reading an essential part of me. That is something I will always have and I wonder if without Harry Potter I would be quite the bookworm I am today!

Also as far as my personal challenge I am well ahead now, but hopefully this will give me a bit of room it I then hit a tougher book that takes a bit longer. I don’t tend to choose ‘small’ books, as the pace I normally read at makes it seem pointless and I like to invest in a story, so this time ahead of my challenge may well be needed later on. But overall so far I am really pleased and really enjoying challenging my reading in this way and making myself stick to a deadline is very useful and makes me feel much more productive. From here on the books I read I will attempt to actually review at least in regards to my expectations of them, I didn’t want to review Harry Potter as I have read them so many times and in my opinion they can do no wrong that it felt pointless.

No comments:

Post a Comment