Tuesday 29 July 2014

The Night Circus (05/06/14)



The Night Circus is a book I have been intending to read for quite some time. I will start by saying the book is not quite what I expected. Actually I know don’t really know what I expected from this book. I will start by saying I found the first 30-40% of the book quite confusing, dull and at times I contemplated giving up on it completely. The time changes for each chapter whilst confusing at first did become easier to decipher as I learnt the time sequences I was switching between.

This book is worth persevering with as once the dull start is past what you’re left with is actually a beautifully enchanting story. Love and magic in its most subtle forms developing gradually. I fell in love with the elements of the circus and the way they were described, it is almost sad that the place does not exist, that there is no possibility of attending.

This is a book, I think you will come to love if you get past the rocky beginning. Would recommend to people who like me don’t give up on books and read them until they are finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment