Monday 26 May 2014

The Hunger Games (19/02/2014)





So this is my first new read of the year (not including the previous graphic novel) and over all I am very impressed. I haven’t really taken and previous interest in this series having neither read the books nor watched the films. A friend recommended that I give the books ago as she had really enjoyed them so I decided to go for as part of my challenge. So now for my semi review I will attempt not to put in spoilers.

So I thought the book started well although I was slightly confused to start as I didn’t feel it described certain aspects straight away and as I haven’t really paid any attention to watch the story was I only had a general idea of what was going on. It made me feel I had to re-read sentences a couple of times to make sure I had read it right. However, once it was going the book flowed nicely and I was hooked and it really was full of action.

Some people may not agree with what I am about to say next (it is not necessarily a criticism either) but I did find the relationship element pretty predictable. I will say again I have not watched the films so have no idea if I was right but I knew from the start what was going to happen boy-wise. I do like the strong female lead, but I didn’t kid myself that she wouldn’t get a flickering of love.

Like I said I’m not one for spoilers but upon completion of this book I think I know how the love element of the story will happen. And there is nothing wrong with this, in fact it is what has made me thoroughly enjoy this book and means I will be carrying on immediately with the second book! I could go on to look into deeper meanings and political blah blah blahs, but that isn’t why I read any book. I read for the gratification my imagination conjures up, and this book completely fulfilled my needs and I hope the next too follow the high standard of the first installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment