Monday 18 May 2020

Review: Rose Petal Graves

Rose Petal Graves Rose Petal Graves by Olivia Wildenstein
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I picked this book as part of my Kindle Unlimited subscription. It was advertised as being a romantic fantasy that would appeal to those who liked Twilight and The vampire Diaries as well as for people who are "Fans of Holly Black, Cassandra Clare, and Stephenie Meyer..."

So as that seems right up my street I thought I would give it ago...

So first up, it isn't a really bad book. It just seemed to have a lot of issues early on. Love interest wise, I'm still slightly confused but it did pick up towards the end. In fact the whole things seems to have found it's feet by the end. I thought the hunter / fae supernatural element was overall interesting but needed some work. Same with the writing style. I tend to be a character driven reader and I found this book just took a long time to really build any character. Like, any of them.

The issues is I don't honestly know if I want to invest more time in the rest of the series. I found the magic system interesting, but nothing spectacular. For the type of book it was, I kind of wanted more 'heat' in the relationships. everything overall just felt a bit passive and not quite fleshed out.

It was not the worst book I have ever read hence the 3*, but it was only just 3*. it was very nearly 2*. So will I continue the series... even though the series is technically free.... probably not unfortunately.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment