Monday 18 May 2020

Review: In Bed with the Earl

In Bed with the Earl In Bed with the Earl by Christi Caldwell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked this book as part of my Kindle Unlimited subscription. I had never read anything by this author but wanted a quick romance book to go after some heavier going books.

I didn't really have any expectations going into this book. But, boy, was I pleasantly surprised! The story actually starts out quite dark, you we see a small boy, Malcolm, obviously being stolen away from all he has ever known after the death of his parents. He then has to grown up on the streets and survive and eek out an existence.

We later find out 'shock' 'horror' that he is in fact an Earl. Malcolm doesn't particularly want back into this world of riches and pomp. But ends up drawn back in due to his growing connection to a female journalist who is trying her hardest to provide for herself and her sister after the death of their mother and father. Being bastard daughters has made it difficult for the girls to find their way. But when our heroine brakes the story of the Lost Earl and makes a deal with Malcolm. Everything changes.

I really enjoyed the relationship building in the book. Yes it followed standard tropes for, women fighting the time, marriage of convenience, a partial enemies to lovers theme. It's all in there. But i was genuinely interested in how the characters would develop and it was a very satisfying read overall.

I would happily read more books by this author!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment