Monday 12 January 2015

Bridget Jones's Diary (04/01/2015)



I can’t begin to imagine why it has taken me so very long to get round to reading this book. Of course I was in my mid-teens when the film came out. Obviously I have seen the film, it happens to be one of my favourite chick flick films to curl up under tons of covers to. Maybe that’s why it has taken me so long to get round to….

So unless you have been hiding under a rock for the past 10 years, most people have a rough idea what Bridget Jones’s Diary is all about.

I found Bridget less frumpy then the film portrayed her and I think she is much stronger than she believes she is. Although she was at times pretty self-centred… but this is her diary… everyone thinks about themselves when they talk to their diary and are less concerned with other people.
I could whole heartedly relate to Bridget’s constant dilemma about dieting and trying to lose weight…. And often failing due to food tasting so damn good. On the whole it was as I imagined it would be. I particularly liked the parts where Bridget makes references to fancying Mr. Darcy (ie Colin Firth) from Pride and Prejudice. Never expecting that he would one day turn out to be her Darcy in the film.

If you liked/loved the film and haven’t read the book, I would recommend it. Don’t expect anything more than the film, but you definitely don’t get less. I will read two following books as I am sure there are many other deep thoughts Bridget needs to share with me and it was a fun easy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment