Tuesday 4 November 2014

The Walking Dead Vol. 5 The Best Defence (03/11/14)



Vol. five see the survivors pushing their boundaries outside the relative safety they have developed inside the prison setting. Whilst outside the main complex Rick notices a helicopter crashing in the distance. Seeing this Rick, Glen and Michonne venture out to discover where the helicopter came from and is anyone has survived. Upon arrival at the scene they discover anything of importance has already been removed and there is evidence another group of people got there first. As their car is stuck and night is approaching they decide this other group must be somewhere near by so go in search of answers. This lead them to the town of Woodbury and basically all hell has begun to break lose, with the introduction of The Governor.

Anyone who has seen the TV series will understand this importance and vaguely know what to expect… What I wasn’t prepared for is how evil this villain is in the graphic novels. He is so much worse than I thought he could be and I really fear for the characters. After saying I wasn’t fond of Michonne in the graphic novels I now have new found respect for her. I really hope she gets to wreak some revenge soon. Rick may have seemed crazy in the last volume but I am glad of this now and can’t wait until this story line really gets going. 

I really feel like the art work is developing and it definitely has its own feel about it now with characters facial expressions becoming more define as the story progresses. There is a definite feeling of story progression now rather than, these are some people and this is the setting. I feel like there are some drastic things to come in the next volume and really I can’t wait to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment