Wednesday 20 June 2018

After Alice (20/06/18)



At this point I honestly don’t know what to write about ‘After Alice’. This SHOULD be a book I enjoy. This is an author I have read other books from and have enjoyed. But in all honesty this book is dire. I am 15%+ into the book, and I can’t honestly tell you what is happening.

The language feels like someone has vomited out a thesaurus. It doesn’t flow and the language doesn’t even feel like it is being used to enhance the descriptive tones. Instead it feels like alternative words are being used for the sake it. Possibly to mask the fact that even though I am over 15% in NOTHING has happened. 

I have no bond with the characters. It isn’t even that I dislike them. There has been barely any character building what so ever. I very rarely leave a book unfinished. But I feel like I am reading for the sake of finishing it. And having a toddler I don’t have the time to read a book I am not enjoying.

Very disappointing. I feel like I should have loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment